Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

the waiting game

I am so happy to have my computer back after a small (large) coffee incident :)

Now to catch everyone up....


Our home study was approved and we sent in a copy along with our I600a to USCIS.  Now we wait to hear from them so we can be finger printed.  Last week I made approximately 132 copies of documents that need to be notarized.  These documents will be in our dossier that will be sent to our attorney as soon as we hear back from the USCIS with our finger printing appt. 

In the mean time we wait.

That is so hard.  We think about them all the time!  It is so hard not to jump on a plane just to go over and see them.  We got letters from them on my birthday and it made my day! We have sent presents over and are anxiously waiting to hear back.  

Our girls keep talking about all the new things they can't wait to show them....their new room, the  beach, tv, wii, phones, toys, bikes, scooters, pizza, ice cream, dress up, american girl dolls, hot chocolate, our dogs Tahoe and Rossie, our cat Gracie, their little brother Alex and the list goes on and on.  Seriously they add about ten things each day just out of the blue.  I love it!

I think of these things too, but being a mom, I think of so much more...like what are they thinking, did they get enough to eat today, are they hungry now, are they sleeping, are they excited, are they nervous, do they lie awake at night missing their mom and dad (I'm sure they do), do they have anyone to dry their tears and hug them when they are sad, will they except me as their new mom, will they like it here....

The anticipation of one day meeting these girls face to face is sometimes more than I can bare.  They already have become a part of our family and have taken up a permanent place in our hearts.  God has grown my heart so much more than I ever imagined.  

Isn't love such a beautiful thing?  









No comments:

Post a Comment