Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

emotions! emotions!

The last couple of days have been a roller coaster of emotion!

Yesterday we walked in early to the USCIS office in Durham and had our finger printing done.  Me, being a big rule follower, was a little concerned that we would be given a hard time for coming in 3 weeks before our date, so I already had lined up what we would say if we were turned away.  Thankfully we didn't  need to say anything because they could not have been nicer! Whew...what a relief!

That excitement was short-lived.  As we were pulling out of the parking lot, I got word that some preliminary blood work was in for the girls.  Initially it looked like both girls could possibly have Hep B and that our youngest tested positive for Sickle Cell Disease.  The Hep B doesn't bother me as much as the possible diagnosis of Sickle Cell does.  That just sounds like a really nasty disease.  I have done so much research on both diseases today that I think my head might explode! Thankfully after speaking with a professional here it looks like there is a good possibility that neither has hepatitis and hopefully our sweet P doesn't have Sickle Cell.  It is still too early to know right now and I won't feel 100% better until they are here and seen by our doctor.  But I am feeling very encouraged!

The crazy thing in all of this is...I don't care!  Whatever path God has chosen for us to go down, I am ok with it.  When I heard they could have either of these diseases my first thought was "we need to get them treated". Thankfully we are a hop, skip and a jump from some of the best hospitals in the country. They will be in good hands here.

Also, in the middle of all of this, I found out that P fell and burned her face and shoulders with her porridge yesterday.  It really made my heart break knowing she was hurt and I wasn't there to hug her.
Thankfully she is doing fine today.  

If money was no object, I would be on the next plane to Uganda as we speak.  I just can't wait to hug them and kiss their sweet faces!

They're beautiful and I can't wait to introduce them to you!






No comments:

Post a Comment