Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Going to Uganda!

That's right...I'm going to Uganda next week and I couldn't be more thrilled!

Since we probably won't be getting a court date until at least September, I just couldn't wait that long to meet these girls that I will soon be calling daughters.  I thought it would just be impossible to go since ticket prices dramatically increase during the summer and June is just a crazy travel month for Thom. Fortunately I was able to find inexpensive tickets during the one week in June that Thom would be home, and a friend who wanted to go as much as I do.  

It all happened so fast and even though Thom and I have always considered ourselves very spontaneous people, I still can't believe I'm going!  My mind has just been full of thoughts of meeting the girls for the first time, hugging them and seeing their sweet faces in person, learning who they are and their history, experiencing their culture and seeing first hand this beautiful country I have heard so much about.

I have so much to do before leaving (although I am almost all packed) but everything seems to be falling in place thanks to some pretty awesome friends.


                                So excited to meet these girls!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you, Cindy! I'm glad to hear that you won't be traveling alone. How long will you be gone? I can't wait to hear about your girls and the whole experience. You will be in my prayers for safe travels and God's blessings upon you as you bond with the girls in person. Oooh! I have chills. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete